June 26, 2017

Android Users Rack Up The Minutes

No Gravatar

In a new report from Nielsen on the habits of Smartphone users, has revealed that Android users spend nearly an hour a day with their Mobile devices. While most of the time is spent goofing around with apps, a portion of it is used to talk, text or browse the web.

Nielsen has tracked the data from thousands of participating Smartphone users to determine just how they used their devises. It appears that the average Android user spends 56 minutes a day with their smartphones. Of that time, 67 percent is spent within apps, while the rest is spent talking, texting or browsing the mobile web.

Nielsen broke down even further the time spent with apps and discovered that the top 50 apps in the Android Market consume 61 percent of users’ attentions. This means that the remainder of the 250,000 or so apps in the Android Market have to compete for the other 39 percent of that 56 minutes a day. So it appears that the vast majority of apps are unused on a daily basis.
Nielsen also plans to track the usage habits of iPhone owners, and plans to release those finding separately. It will be interesting to compare the difference between the average iPhone user to the average Android user.

Comments

  1. i love your blog, i have it in my rss reader and always like new things coming up from it.

  2. I鈥檝e just started off a blog, the knowledge you give on this site has aided me extremely. Thank you for all your time & work鈥?

  3. Thank you, this post has been very worthile to read, I look forward to reading through more of this website.

  4. hi!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we communicate extra approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to see you.

  5. I’m a long time watcher and I just assumed I’d drop by and say hello for your 1st time. I really get pleasure from your posts. Thanks

Trackbacks

  1. […] to note,that Amazon is going with a pre-2.2 version of Android, which means it will not be using ‘Honeycomb‘ or ‘Ice Cream Sandwich‘ which could be a major blow to both Google and OEMs who have been […]