An impressive showing for the newest Kindle product that is a serious rival to the Apple iPad.
With great features, and a low price point, one of the most impressive things about this new Tablet is the digital content that is immediately available with the Kindle Fire.
Thousands of Movies, Music, eBooks, all available through the Amazon Cloud, gives the Kindle Fire a marked advantage over the competition.
Video by The Guardian
The new Fire could quickly become the worlds virtual news stand. Another very exciting feature is content from Magazines. Within hours of the official unveiling of the Kindle Fire tablet, Amazon revealed it has closed a series of deals with top publishers to bring magazines like Cosmopolitan, Elle, Esquire, Glamour, GQ, Martha Stewart Living , People, and Sports Illustrated.
The Wall Street Journal reported that, “Negotiations between Amazon and publishers including Condé Nast, Hearst Corp. and Meredith Corp. went far more smoothly than earlier discussions with Apple in part because Amazon has agreed to share more customer data, including subscribers’ names and addresses. The negotiations were “a very smooth process,” said Hearst Magazines general manager and executive vice president. “I think that Amazon had the benefit of listening to the broader market discussion during the last 18 months and came to publishers with a compelling story.”
- Display: 7″ multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors.
- Size (in inches) 7.5″ x 4.7″ x 0.45″ (190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm)
- Weight 14.6 ounces (413 grams).
- System Requirements None, because it’s wireless and doesn’t require a computer.
- On-device Storage 8GB internal. That’s enough for 80 apps, plus either 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books.
- Cloud Storage Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as web browsing and downloading content.
- Charge Time Fully charges in approximately 4 hours via included U.S. power adapter. Also supports charging from your computer via USB.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.1X standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- USB Port USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- Audio 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, top-mounted stereo speakers.
- Content Formats Supported Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.
- Documentation Quick Start Guide(included in box); Kindle User’s Guide (pre-installed on device)
- Warranty and Service 1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 2-year Extended Warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here.
- Included in the Box Kindle Fire device, U.S. power adapter (supports 100-240V), and Quick Start Guide.
Overall the Kindle Fire looks like a winner!